By Adv. Veerash Srikison, family law and mediation expert.
You are not alone. There is a way to work through your relationships with legal support and vocal input over the decisions made.
A team of legal and psychology experts like those at Fair Practice will walk you through your processes and assist you or you and your partner/spouse to weigh up your options. Even if you decide to change your mind halfway, there is no obligation for you to make life-changing decisions when you are not ready to do so. The focus must always be on doing what is right for the client when the client believes the time is right.
“A mediation service can provide you with all the necessary legal information for your particular circumstances so that ultimately you decide what will be best for you.”
How a mediator can help:
- If you just want to understand how to create a comfortable family life while experiencing the stress of running a “single” parent household.
Mediation services can assist you to create a daily schedule with your family.
- If you have issues that are difficult to discuss with your partner/spouse but need important decisions to be made.
A facilitator can improve the communication between yourselves.
- If you are a single parent who needs to draw up a schedule and structure for yourself and children.
They offer assistance on how to create a routine with your children.
- If you are a working parent who is stressed about your communication skills with your child.
They can help you to work on yourself so that you can have meaningful conversations with your child.
- If you are unsure how you feel about your marriage and people are whispering for you to leave.
A mediation service can provide you with all the necessary legal information for your particular circumstances so that ultimately you decide what will be best for you.
- If you want to get married but are unsure what the different marital regimes are about or the consequences of each.
Will provide you with all the options and help you understand the financial implications of each.
- If you are lost in a relationship and don’t know what your next step is.
Talk to them for assistance on how best to move forward.
- If you think that there is no way out because you are being asked for a divorce.
They will assist you to navigate the shaky ground you are standing on.
Remember, you are never forced into a legal process. You can always decide after receiving legal information whether you want to proceed with legal processes or to take your time to decide what will be in your best interests.