The past year has challenged parents in many ways including finding endless at-home activities to keep kids entertained while ensuring they continue to learn and develop outside of a traditional classroom environment.
Fostering creativity, being able to think out of the box, brainstorming, generating new ideas and improving on existing ones are important tools for young minds. Which is why Play-Doh continues to captivate the imaginations of children around the globe, providing them with the best.
High quality Play-Doh compound is non-toxic and is made up predominantly of simple ingredients including water, salt and flour. As children’s safety is always Hasbro’s top priority, Play-Doh compound undergoes vigorous testing to ensure it meets (and exceeds) all applicable global safety standards and regulations. This is why, after more than 64 years, Play-Doh remains a loved and trusted brand for parents, caregivers and teachers worldwide!
A classroom favourite, Play-Doh combines the fun with essential development and learning benefits (listed below). Providing ideal opportunities to practice and nurture kids critical thinking and problem solving, communication, collaboration and creativity skills while exploring a range of topics and skills including language, math, science, social studies, and the arts. Additionally engaging toddlers and young children (ages 2-6 years) with sensory, open-ended play activities can help them prepare for the big, elaborate world.
Essential development and learning benefits:
- Play-Doh encourages creativity and imagination by providing your child with unlimited moulding possibilities and the freedom to explore.
- Creating different shapes or mixing different Play-Doh colours together to discover a new colour, can assist children in growing their curiosity, develop cognitive exploration and enhance their mathematical thinking.
- All the squishing, rolling, flattening and shaping helps to enhance fine motor skills by developing and strengthening hand muscles, which encourages pre-writing and other motor skills such as cutting with scissors, using tweezers, holding a pencil etc. The tactile, hands-on nature of Play-Doh compound can also help encourage development of hand-eye coordination.
- Play-Doh offers kids a multi-sensory experience allowing them to learn about their world through touch, sight and smell. Sitting and squishing Play-Doh is also a very calming and soothing activity, which eases tension, releases extra energy as well as improves focus and concentration.
- Playing with Play-Doh in a small group and/or with adults presents opportunities for children to develop social skills such as collaborative problem solving, planning and playing as well as learning to effectively communicate ideas or discuss what they are making. Children can also learn to effectively engage in individual play sharpening their focus, patience and concentration skills.
To stand a chance of winning 1 of 4 Play-Doh Dr Drill ‘n Fill playsets worth R590 each, fill in the form below.
Going to the dentist has never been such fun! Using PLAY-DOH compound and your imagination, mould teeth and make braces to create a perfect smile for your patient! Does your patient have a cavity? Use the noise-making drill and then fill it up! And, don’t forget to brush!
Dentist playset features an electronic “drill” and a “patient” with a mouth that’s full of holes for lots of filling and drilling fun! Patients head comes with PLAY-DOH compound, electronic drill, tweezers, toothbrush, dentist tools and instructions. Requires 2 “AA” batteries (not included). Ages 3 and up.
This competition runs from 25 January 2021 to 8 February 2021.
Play-Doh is available from Toy Kingdom, Toys R Us, ToyZone, Takealot.com and other major retailers.
Feeling lucky? Here’s another opportunity to win amazing prizes from Play-Doh.