Here’s something fun and delicious for your kids this Easter… an easy treat from The Gruffalo. It’s easy to make, and it’s great to get the kids involved. Plus, read on to see how you can win a copy of The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson.
Gruffalo Easter treats
Makes 10 to 20 treats, depending on how big you make each one
3 crumbled Weet-Bix
Chocolate mini eggs
Patty or muffin tin
Paper cake or muffin cases
- Place the paper cases in the muffin tin.
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces and put them in a little plastic bowl.
- Place the bowl so it is bobbing in a saucepan containing boiling water.
- Gently stir the chocolate pieces until they have completely melted (help your child with this to prevent accidents).
- Stir in the crumbled Weet-Bix.
- Put a spoonful of the mixture in each case and make them into nest shapes with a spoon.
- Put two or three mini eggs in the middle of each nest.
- Put your Gruffalo Easter treats in the fridge to set.
Once set, sit down to a delicious Gruffalo treat fest!
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
We have three copies of The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler valued at R140 each to give away. Simply complete the form below and share photos of your children’s Easter baskets on our Facebook page here.
*BYY Ts and Cs apply. Closing date: Monday, 20 April 2020 at midnight. This competition is open to South African residents only. The prize will only be dispatched after the lockdown period and cannot be exchanged for anything else.
By entering this competition, you agree to be added to the BabyYumYum newsletter mailing list.
Recipe reproduced with the permission of Pan Macmillan. Visit www.gruffalo.com for Gruffalo games, activities and FUN!