From the very first moment that your child goes into their own bedroom, it becomes their haven. It is their safe place and it needs comfort to match. The perfect rug will give your child’s room the comfort you want for them. Rugs also come in a multitude of styles so you can pick on that truly expresses your child’s personality.
Check out these tips for using rugs in a child’s bedroom:
- Buy something hard-wearing.
- Think practicality.
- Think of comfort.
- Make sure it won’t irritate them.
- Get something that expresses their personality
Top picks for a child’s room
- Rugs with your child’s favourite cartoon or a personality on them. As your kids grow, they will want their own room and their own rug, to stimulate their senses and express their personality. So, a rug that shows your child’s favourite TV character or has vibrant colours will be perfect for their bedroom.
- Educational rugs: you can buy rugs with games boards, puzzles, or other learning activities on them.
- Rugs that can withstand the rough and tumble of a child’s life: they should be cleanable, anti-allergy and resilient. Children can be messy. Therefore, it is best to buy a rug that is resilient and will stand up to everything that your little one throws at it.
- Colourful and vibrant rugs. Will the colour of the rug show dirt?
“A wool rug is always a good choice – it is durable, cleanable and will retain its shape and shine over the years.”
A wool rug is always a good choice – it is durable, cleanable and will retain its shape and shine over the years. Wool is also a natural material that doesn’t provide a breeding ground for bacteria or dust mites. Once you’ve decided on the type of rug you want for your child’s bedroom, include them in the selection and create memories as you buy the rug together.