What is Jungle Juice? It’s a galactagogue (that’s something that helps boost milk supply if you’re breastfeeding) that’s super tasty, too! Alongside regular breastfeeding and/or expressing, drinking Jungle Juice can help improve breast milk supply – it’s also very hydrating and can give breastfeeding moms an energy boost. Win-win! Here’s how to make Jungle Juice.
Jungle Juice ingredients:
1.5 litres water (500ml chilled water + 1 litre that you’ll need to boil)
2-3 rooibos tea bags
500ml apple, litchi or berry juice
1 sachet Rehidrat
30ml Schlehen Blackthorn Berry Elixir
10-15 drops Rescue Remedy
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: How to improve your breast milk supply naturally
How to make the Jungle Juice:
- Boil 1 litre of water then pour into a 2+ litre jug with the rooibos tea bags. Leave to brew and once it has cooled, remove the teabags.
- Add the rest of the water (500ml, chilled) and the fruit juice (500ml, chilled) to the rooibos tea.
- Mix in the Schlehen Berry Elixir, Rehidrat and Rescue Remedy.
- Keep in the fridge and consume the 2 litres over the course of 24 hours.
- You can garnish with fruit slices and mint if you’d like (this Jungle Juice is kind of like a cocktail that’s GOOD for you!).