Winter weather is carb weather. Soups with fresh bread, pasta with a rich sauce, stews with mashed potatoes … the list is endless. These two pasta recipes from Pasta Joy, one warm and one cold, are bound to become family favourites.
These recipes are so quick and easy – just what busy moms love!
One-pot Pasta Joy Alfredo
The Italian Alfredo is a firm favourite of South Africans. Serves 4 as a main meal.
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 chicken breasts, cubed
3 cloves garlic cloves, minced
1 stock cube
1 cup fresh cream
500g pasta, uncooked (we used penne)
1 ½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 ½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
Parsley, optional, for garnish
- In a pot, heat the oil and brown the chicken.
- Add garlic, and sauté for about a minute.
- Add stock, cream and pasta, and bring to the boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer for 15 to 20 min.
- Turn off heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Top with parsley if desired.
Pasta Joy Summer Salad
Thanks to our sunny winters, not all pasta dishes have to be warm. This Pasta Joy summer salad is a must for all family celebration meals.
500g Pasta Joy macaroni
1 tin baked beans
2 tbsp. green pepper
2 tbsp. red pepper
¾ to 1 cup mayonnaise
1 heaped tsp. crushed green/red chilli
Salt and crushed black pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta for 7 to 9 minutes.
2. Lightly wash baked beans (don’t wash all the tomato sauce off).
3. Finely chop the peppers.
4. Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl.
5. Serve at room temperature.
Recipes and images supplied.