Looking for a healthy salmon recipe – or just a recipe for fish cakes the kids will actually want to eat? Here it is: you can use a tin of salmon to make this protein- and omega-packed healthy recipe. Serve it with salad, vegetables or on a burger bun – delish!
Makes 8-10 patties
Cooking time: around 10 minutes
You will need:
- 500g white button mushrooms
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 x 170g tins salmon, drained
- 2 XL free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup fresh peas, blanched (or defrosted frozen peas)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ cup spring onions, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, to serve
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Here’s the easiest, tastiest microwave fudge recipe you’ll ever try
How to make the healthy salmon patties
1 Using a food processor, pulse the mushrooms until they are very finely chopped.
2 In a large saucepan sauté the mushrooms with a drizzle of olive oil until they have sweated off most of their water. Set aside to cool.
3 In a large bowl combine the rest of the ingredients along with the cooled mushrooms. Season well with salt and pepper. Separate into equally sized patties.
4 Pan fry patties using a little olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
5 Serve patties with wedges of lemon and a side salad or veg.