Shopping has always been one of my loves and I don’t mean grocery shopping. I mean the type of shopping that is considered to be retail therapy – the kind of shopping that is for YOU and not to fill the fridge for your family. The kind of shopping whereby you browse around for hours looking at items that you really don’t need and will never make use of, end up buying anyway, then having buyers remorse and schleeping back to return them … oh and buying something else on the way.
Yes that is how shopping used to be before baby 1 and baby 2. When time was just there and I wasn’t rushing around for anyone else and looking my watch to remind myself about the next feed or the next sleep. In an era where convenience and speed affects all our decisions daily, online shopping is just heavenly.
As a new mother with time pressures, physical pressures of 8 week confinement, not being able to drive due to a c-section or not being able to leave your baby for a few hours for whatever reason, isn’t it wonderful to shop for items in the comfort of your own home. To have the items delivered straight to your door and be able to return the items within 7 days .
Why I love online shopping
- No battles to find parking or leaving your car in the hot sun
- No parking fees
- No getting side tracked by other stores
- It’s quick
- No queues
- Can be done at anytime – like when feeding baby at 3am
- Most sites allow you to track your purchase
- You don’t have to deal with rude salespeople or grumpy cashiers
- No standing in a queue for 15 minutes and then being told “sorry we only accept cash as our systems are offline”
- You can stop to attend to baby if you need to
- No searching for a change room to feed or change your baby in like a convict hiding from the police
- Delivery and returns are done for you
- You can buy “personal” items without worrying that you may bump into your mother in law
- You can do really easy price comparisons between one site and another
- It’s exciting to get a parcel delivered to your door and then rip it open like it’s a complete surprise
- Convenience, convenience, convenience
It seems like all common big retail stores now allow for online shopping , except for one major baby store – get with the program peeps!! This week some exciting shopping sites are listed on the side and at the bottom of the page. Go and check it out and bring some calm to your life amidst the pressures of being a new mommy!
Who do you shop online from?